SEO (search engine optimisation) copywriting is important for getting your website seen. But how difficult is it to do?
Youâve got an all-singing all-dancing website promoting your business, you may have even thought about starting a blog. But how do you make sure theyâre seen by your potential customers?
Effective SEO copywriting will ensure your web content is picked up by search engines like Google, enabling it to move up the rankings, and come out higher in internet search results.
There are many benefits to effective SEO copywriting
What is SEO copywriting?
Search engine optimisation is the process of improving the visibility of a website in search engines. The higher ranked the website, the more visitors it will receive from the search engineâs users. Simples.
Why is it important?
Research shows that most users only ever click on the top five to ten results, so the higher your website appears the better! Yahoo, MSN and Google account for over 70% of all search engine traffic on the internet, so ensuring your website appears high in search results is really valuable.
Search Engine Optimisation can boost your business
Â How do I increase my SEO?
For effective SEO copywriting, you need to do six things:
1. Read up on SEO to find out as much as you can about how to implement it. Or if in doubt, have someone else implement it for you.
2. Create an easy to navigate website, with easily viewable links and a site index.
3. Determine what your target keywords are. Use SEO keyword tools to help you.
4. Provide the reader with useful content that gives them the chance to learn about or understand a product, service or opinion. Your content should be well written and should show an understanding and knowledge of the topic.
5. Give your content readability. As important as it is to include keywords in your copy to boost SEO, you should still be writing for the reader first, and the search engines second. Also, search engines have become wise to tricks like repeating a keyword hundreds of time on a page, so donât go down that route.
6. Social networking, social bookmarking, posting in forums and link exchanges can all help boost your SEO. If you can get authoritative, high ranking websites in your niche to exchange links with you, this can be invaluable. Try using Technorati, Digg, StumbleUpon and other social bookmarking tools on your web pages to bring relevant traffic to your website.
Would you like to have keyword-rich blog posts or web content written for you for improved SEO? Contact me today to ask about SEO copywriting. What are your thoughts on SEO copywriting? Leave a comment below and let me know. And please share this post on your social networks!
[Photo credit: www.freedigitalphotos.net]